Check out the February Amazon rankings for the Top 15 ECPA Publishers. This research lets you see both the overall CBA industry rankings, plus each publisher’s individual top 20 bestselling book list.
Why is this information helpful to you? This is one of the few ways that authors, agents, and publishers can simultaneously see how a publisher’s best books stack up against their peers. For example, Neilsen BookScan doesn’t let other publishers see the competition’s sales numbers (only bestseller lists). But, WildFire’s free research gives publishers a way to see which titles are selling well on Amazon at 14 other houses. This data is also helpful to see which authors, topics, and genres are dominating Amazon sales trends.
a. Top-Selling Overall Titles on Amazon:
– “The Love Dare” (#12) from B&H Publishing.
– Rankings exclude the self-published title, “The Shack” (# 5).
b. Biggest Publisher Moves:
– Crossway debuts on the list at # 7.
– IVP drops from #6 last month to #11 this month.
– David C. Cook and Howard dropped out of the Top 15 this month.
c. Amazon’s 2008 Book Sales Grow 16% as U.S. Bookstores Shrink
– Publishers Weekly reported last week that Amazon’s North American media segment grew by 16% in 2008 to $5.35 billion. This is an amazing statistic considering the decline of book sales in other retail areas. As Amazon grows, this free monthly research becomes more beneficial. If you have any comments or suggestions, call 1-800-267-2045.
Note: Amazon rankings do not reflect accurate sales figures and only account for a small percentage of a book’s total sales. However, they can help determine how specific publishers or book titles perform over time versue their peers.
Click here for an Excel spreadsheet of the January 2, 2009 rankings.
For all previous month rankings, click here.