- Are you preparing for a book launch that includes interviews on podcasts, radio, or TV?
- Do you feel intimidated in front of a microphone and wonder what to say?
- Have you conducted author interviews in the past that failed to drive book sales?
Get expert training to turn your next author interview into a success story!
I’ve coached numerous authors who’ve appeared on national television, including Good Morning America, The Today Show, The 700 Club, dozens of radio shows, and many popular podcasts. I’ve witnessed how author interviews can spur a lot of book sales.
But, I also know why many authors blow their interviews and fail to sell books. They don’t have a plan. Instead, they just try to wing it.
Trying to ad-lib an author interview is a recipe for disaster.
Allow me to share a vulnerable story. When I first became an author in 2002, I received a phone call out of the blue to appear on The CBS Early Show. It was my big break. I knew my life was about to change as a camera crew arrived with a famous reporter to ask me questions. I couldn’t wait to see the interview appear on TV.
As the day of my recorded interview arrived, I braced for a tidal wave of book sales. I could almost taste the sweetness of becoming a bestseller. The interviewed aired and I saw my face on TV. My book cover appeared on the screen. My mom called to congratulate me. All of my author fantasies were about to come true.
I waited all day for the phone to ring with more interview requests and book orders. I checked my book’s Amazon ranking every 30 minutes. And, then it happened…
The next day came and went. More silence. No phone calls. No emails. My Amazon ranking didn’t budge. After three days of listening to crickets, reality set in. My author interview on national television was a dud.
My book sales didn’t increase. No bestseller lists. No further interview requests. Na-da.
I blew one of the biggest author interview opportunities of my life.
You could call it a failure. But, I turned it into a learning experience. I swore to never let another interview get wasted again.
Following that mistake, I learned how to turn future interviews into real results. I appeared three more times on national TV along with numerous radio programs. Each time I got interviewed, good things happened. My book sales increased, and my email list got bigger.
You can master the secret of author interviews.
- What if you could approach your next author interview with confidence?
- What if you had a foolproof plan to use media interviews to boost your book sales?
- What if you knew exactly what to say – even if an interviewer throws a bunch of curveball questions?
These what-ifs can come true when you purchase my Author Interview Coaching service.
Does the idea of preparing for an interview or talking about your book confuse or overwhelm you? Let my proven expertise save the day. I’ll explain how to master the interview process and use the media to your advantage.
Author Interview Coaching will teach you how to:
- Prepare for every type of interview (podcast, radio, TV, etc.)
- Develop enticing sound bites and marketing hooks
- Take control of an interview – even with an antagonistic host
- Promote your book during an interview and track the sales results
- Build your email list and connect with readers
- Plus, I’ll teach you a secret the media industry doesn’t want authors to know
Here’s how coaching works:
- You get two 1-hour teaching sessions with me by phone or video chat
- During each session, I’ll teach you advanced interview tactics and apply them to your book
- I’ll give you specific exercises to complete as interview preparation
- Together, we will conduct a “rehearsal interview” for you to practice new techniques
- You receive 30 days of follow-up time to ask me questions
NOTE: This coaching service is geared primarily for nonfiction authors with a book in the self-help, religious, educational, or business genres. If you’re a fiction author, contact me to inquire if promoting your novel with the media is a realistic possibility.
Price for Author Interview Coaching = $999 (paid upfront)
Limited time offer – Save $100 and pay only $899
Terms of Service – Please Read Before Purchasing:
1. There are no refunds for this service. Once you purchase, you agree to schedule the two training sessions within a 30-day window and participate in the instructional process. You are always welcome to modify what you learn and make future adjustments as you progress.
2. You are responsible to secure your own interviews. This coaching is not a publicity service or a booking agency. I will give you tips to find more author interviews, but it is up to you to obtain any new opportunities.
3. I will not read your book. Otherwise, my brain will subconsciously fill-in details that potential interview listeners won’t know. My role is to prepare you to deal with skeptical readers who are unfamiliar with your book. The less I know about your book, the better I can prepare you to succeed in an interview situation.
4. This service does not guarantee any specific amount of book sales or author income. You are responsible to market and sell your book. I am simply providing an expert service of convenience to help you prepare for an interview following principles that work for me.
5. I reserve the right to refuse any requests for this coaching service if my schedule is full or if I’m unfamiliar with your book’s content or genre. If I turn down your request, I’ll help you explore other options for instruction.
You no longer have to fear author interviews. Purchase my Author Interview Coaching today.