Did You Know?
- The average self-published author makes less than $5,000 from their writing (source).
- The average traditionally-published author makes less than $10,000 from their writing.
- There is little money in books.
- There is a LOT of money available outside of a book if you know how to create it.
Many of you reading these statistics aren’t surprised by how little money authors actually make from their writing. I know because several of you have told me about your frustration. You wrote a book that never recouped the advance. You invested weeks and months away from your family to write a manuscript, but your Amazon ranking remains embarrassing. Your spouse wonders why there’s no money to show for all the effort and sacrifice that was given.
I want to help you overcome this problem. One reason why so many authors make such little money is because they hyper-focus on selling their book. Yes, that should be any author’s goal, but not at the expense of pursuing other possibilities, such as speaking, training, and creating spin-off products. The biggest opportunity to make money lies outside of your actual book. But, too many authors are unaware or hesitant to explore these options.
That’s why I created my new tutorial, The Author Revenue Ladder: A Step-By-Step Guide to Help You Make A Living From Your Writing. I wrote this 14-page instructional e-book to show how any author has more moneymaking options than they might think. I use the metaphor of a ladder to show how various income opportunities are available at several different levels. You just have to put your “rungs” in place so that people can easily climb your ladder.
My ideas are so thorough that I guarantee you’ll see new revenue options no matter if you’re a beginning author or a seasoned bestseller. Plus, you’ll find ideas that work for fiction and non-fiction.
Your book is just the starting point to generate more revenue. As you follow along in my tutorial, I’ll show you how people will happily pay more money beyond just the typical book sale. My Author Revenue Ladder will help you:
- Identify at least 3 – 5 new ways to generate additional revenue.
- Spot income-earning opportunities you never thought about before.
- Wring extra cash out of the material you’ve already got.
- Reduce worrying over finances and renew your passion for writing.
- Gain a deeper sense of confidence and freedom over your career.
If you want to avoid living like a starving artist or if you’re a successful author who is ready for new income opportunities, make 2014 the year that you reach a higher level. Get your Author Revenue Ladder and start climbing!
The regular purchase price is only $19.99. But, I want to thank my regular blog readers. So, I’m offering a 25% discount where you get $5.00 off when you purchase this week. Get your discount by using this secret code: “myladder.” This offer is only good through this week and expires on Friday, January 24th.