Last week, I received a bulk order on my website for 20 copies of my book, “Sell Your Book Like Wildfire.” It’s always nice to wake up in morning and see a confirmation email that says a couple hundred bucks were just deposited into my bank account. How did I get a large order for my book? A little marketing secret…I make bulk orders available and obvious.
If you visit my book’s purchase page on my website, you’ll see an “Add to Cart” button that says “Buy a Case of 20 Books.” I offer a substantial discount for bulk purchases and make it easy to see. I don’t get a ton of bulk orders, but I get more than I would if that “Buy a Case” button didn’t exist.
Here’s the principle to remember: you can’t sell what you don’t offer. You must state the obvious. So, if you want to increase your bulk order sales, use these five tips:
1. Display bulk sales “buy buttons” for all of your primary product in your website store.
2. Offer discounts of 30% or more to entice bulk purchases.
3. Run regular bulk specials via email and social media with your customer base.
1. Offer special prices and volume discounts on bulk purchases.
2. Always offer a special deal where someone can “buy one of everything” that you sell.
Sure, you may not get many takers, but those who do buy will help bump up your total sales volume pretty quick.
There’s a reason why CostCo has become one of the largest retailers in America. People like to buy in large quantities if they can save a lot of money. Use the tips above to offer online and event opportunities for your customers to buy in bulk.